Monday, June 3, 2013

When God opens a door.......

He does it in a big way!!
God gave us a special gift in our oldest son......a big heart, an incredible mind, a sensitive soul, a passionate personality! He has been a joy and challenge from very young!
And Eric and I have loved him so much! We tried many things to help him and made many mistakes over the last 16 years.
After working with 3 different counselors over the past couple of years, at the beginning of April, we came to a situation that presented a brick wall. 
After having another meeting with Austin and Eric and I, our counselor at House of Hope Central Virginia shared that she felt it was time that Austin get some focused help in a special teen program for a short time.
She mentioned House of Hope Orlando as a wonderful option. Though far away from home, God showed us in an amazing way that was where He wanted Austin!
We took him down there over spring break, and this part of his story began......

2 comments:

  1. It's always to so exciting Jeannine to see God's mighty work in our lives and then in the lives of our children!! I was so focused for years in pleasing a man-made system and so I missed so many of the beautiful details that God was doing in my personal life and that of my family! That in no way meant that God wasn't working...it was me who was missing out on acknowledging and enjoying the joy that was there to partake of if I had understood how intimately He cares and was moving on my behalf!! I am so happy that you all are learning this in your lives and now in the lives of your sweet boys!! I am looking so forward to following here as you give the honor and glory that belongs to God as He shows up day after day with miracles for you and your loved ones!! Thank you again for sharing your love for your Father and acknowledging how much he cares for you all!! Love to your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you all so much. I can not tell you how many times, I have had to step out in faith and then have seen the amazing miracle that the Lord has performed on my behalf. Keep on in Him and do not spend too much time looking back. I have found that it usually turns me into a "Pillar of Salt." You all are so loved and treasured. Love ya ~ Beck

    ReplyDelete